Fri, 11 Jun|
Paignton Sailing Club
Hartley Boats Blaze National Championships 2021
Paignton SC is once again hosting the Blaze National Championships – with the class last visiting in 2016. The Blaze is one of the most popular boats sailed at the club, and with dozens of visitors expected, it’s sure to be a great event.
Time & Location
11 Jun 2021, 09:00 – 13 Jun 2021, 16:00
Paignton Sailing Club, South Quay Harbour, Paignton TQ4 6DT, UK
About the Event
Hartley Boats Blaze National Championships incorporating the Fire and Halo National Championships 2021
Paignton Sailing Club is once again hosting the Blaze National Championships – with the class last visiting in 2016. The Blaze is one of the most popular boats sailed at the club, and with dozens of visitors expected, it’s sure to be a great event.
Hartley Boats have announced their continued support for the class with an amazing sponsorship package for 2021.
For entries received on or before 31/3/21, entrants will be given a discount code entitling them to order a new class legal Blaze sail for £699 (+£29.98 postage and packing) from Hartley Boats Limited. The sails will be despatched in May (onwards) based on the order of deposits paid. Once the discount code has been emailed to the entrant the sail must be ordered from Hartley Boats limited with a deposit of £100. The balance will be payable before despatch of the sail.
Richard Hartley has clarified the offer above "Due to the cloth the North mainsails were made from no longer being available, Richard Hartley is currently assessing other cloths and suppliers. Therefore it cannot be stated that any new sail will necessarily be a North made sail. Richard has pledged that the new sail will be "at least as good" as the previous North version."
Subject to Covid restrictions, Hartley Boats have also offered to provide a social event for Saturday night – some form of food and entertainment (TBC). If this is not possible, other arrangements will be made.
Performance hardware manufacturer Allen has also announced it will be providing prizes, which will be distributed throughout the fleet.
ADM Sails will also be continuing its support for the Blaze class by providing prizes such as mast bags, kit bags and rudder bags.
Paignton Sailing Club is renowned for hosting high profile events with an enviable record, superb facilities and equipment, and a world-class Race Management team. The club itself is located on the Paignton Harbour and has plenty of parking within walking distance. It is only a short distance away from Paignton beach, from where the dinghies will be launched, allowing us to launch during any tide state into the sheltered waters of Tor Bay.
Head over to The Old Salt Loft to order your custom Nationals merchandise.
These championships are kindly sponsored by
Hartley Boats - a family run boat building business based in Derby. Current builder of the MK4 Blaze.
Allen - UK manufacturer of performance sailing hardware.
ADM Sails - East coast sailmaker. Known in the class for the outstanding aftermarket Blaze trampolines.
The Old Salt Loft – A specialist design and production company producing branded products, corporate clothing, poster printing, embroidered items, and even bespoke wallpaper.
Rooster – Sailing clothing, Kit that will keep you going.
You must be a class member to take part in this event. Click here for class membership.
For more info please contact one of the Blaze Class Committee.
- Nic Tolhurst - Alfonso Tigerheart - 849 - RCYC
- Paul Buckley - Otazel 2 - 732 - RCYC
- Tim Heaton - Sol - 853
- John Worthington - Phoenix - 789
- Chris Dyer - The Silver Surfer - 843
- David Entwistle - Splash - 781
- Malcolm Hutchings - Nice bit of posh - 836 - RCYC & Burnham SC
- Mike Holmes - Ready Salted 2 - 797 - Paignton Sailing Club
- Mike Lyons - Twist & Shout - 856 - Burghfield SC
- Robert Coyle - I Blame Malcolm - 854 - Royal Corinthian Yacht Club
- Peter McFarlane - Vital Spark - 763 - Burghfield SC
- Pete Barlow - 51st Shade - 811 - Burghfield SC
- Richard Botting - Gone Out - 799 - Draycote Water
- Ben Harden - Allen Sailing - 860 - Burnham SC
- Paul Tatem - 828 - NDYC
- Chas Coghill - Supersonic Soap Dish - 671 - Leigh and Lowton Sailing Club
- Keith Simmons - Red Herring - 593 - Porthpean S C
- Michael Shreeve - ? - 855 - Blithfield SC
- Craig Richards - Cabin Fever - 796 - Burghfield S C
- Bill Stringer - Boat - 654 - Burghfield S C
- Tim Freeman - Nia - 772 - Warsash Sailing Club
- Robert Jones - A'blaze - 831 - EXE
- Nick Ripley - Modesty - 807 - Paignton SC
- Mark Cuthbert - Blazing Saddles - 830 - Leight & Lowton SC
- Charlie Matthews - White Lightning - 758 - RCYC & Burnham SC
- Paul Taylor - 693 - Burghfield SC
- Ian Pittendreigh - 788 - Aberdeen & Stonehaven YC
- Raymond David Apthorp - 777 - RCYC
- Alan Goule - 744 - Paignton SC
- Neil Smythe - 791 - Paignton SC
- Tim Morgan - 761 - Paignton SC
- Nick Bacon - sevenseveneight - 778 - RCYC
- Sebastian Caunter - 757- Paignton SC
- Graham Slater - Toothless - 710 - Paignton SC
- Andrew Chorlton - 810 - Paignton SC
- Colin Steinlechner - 714 - North Devon YC
- Chris Saunders - Social Distancing - 780 - Wilsonian SC
- James Hutton-Penman - 825 - Burnham SC / RCYC
- John Goudie - 647 - Wilsonian SC
- Bob Ladell - Just for Fun - 614 - King George SC
- David Shafto - Out ma way - 759 - Burghfield SC
- Ian McLean - Logi - 518 - Dee Sailing Club
- Martin Jones - Blaze of Glory - 805 - Wilsonian SC
- Nick Milton - Crash 'n' Burn - 719 - RCYC
- Russell Wheeler - TBA - 751 - IOSSC
- Ian Brand - & Shout - 818 - RCYC
- Tye Wichard - 3 - 716 - Burnham SC
- Trevor Bawden - # - 804 - Royal Corinthian Yacht Club
- Keith Gilmore - Blazing Saddles - 844 - Royal Corinthian Yacht Club
- Alex Williams - Too Much Too Young - 723 - Blackwater Sailing Club
- Gareth Hyland - 837 - Chase Sailing Club
- Paul Cross - 522 - Dee Sailing Club
- Simon Mann - Bobberdee 2 - 641 - Datchet Water
- Mark Smith - Pheonix - 513 - Brixham Yacht Club
- Mark Blackham - 774 - Chase Sailing Club
- Matt Lutwyche - 764 - Chase Sailing Club
- Hugh Kingdon - 827 - North Devon Yacht Club
- Mike Bell - 840 - Ate For Tea - Burghfield SC
- Nick Hutton-Penman - Lockdown - 852 - Royal Corinthian Yacht Club
- Ben Pickering - 833 - Chase SC
- Alexandra Porteous - Where’s Willy? - 676 - Royal Corinthian Yacht Club
- Julian Owens - 821 - Pembrokeshire Yacht Club
- Toby Barnard - 595 - Chase Sailing Club
- Robert Cowan - 829 - Hydrotherapy - Warsash Sailing Club
- Ross Prytherch - 806 - Must try harder - Pembrokeshire Yacht Club
- Andy Whitcher - 779 - Jammy Dodger - Pembrokeshire Yacht Club
- Mark Hartley - 826 - Ram - Blithfield Sailing Club
- Eden Hyland - 848 - Garden of - Chase Sailing Club
- Pip Warner - 812 - Hornsea Sailing Club
- William Gould - 859 - Carsington Sailing Club
- Bob Yates - 613 - Last Hurrah - Upper Thames
- Ben Hutton-Penman - TBC - Burnham Sailing Club / RCYC
- Jack Grogan - 705 - Micky's - West Mersea Yacht Club / Dabchicks Sailing Club
Entries received on or before 31/3/21 will be given a discount code entitling them to order a new Blaze sail. (includes £2.00 booking fee.)£62.00
You must be a member of the class association to take part in Blaze events.£5.50